We’ve compiled a list of psychedelic-assisted clinics, retreat centers, training programs, and NGOs in the psychedelic space.
If you have more suggestions to add to this resource, get in touch, we’d love to hear from you.
A) Psychedelic-Assisted Therapy Clinics
Psychedelics have long been used by psychotherapists. Only in the last 24 months have these compounds started to work their way back into the medical system after a decades-long prohibition.
Here are some of the most renowned psychotherapy clinics in the US & Canada today:
1. Ketamine-Assisted Therapy Clinics
Ketamine is used therapeutically for the treatment of PTSD and depression.
2. Psilocybin-Assisted Therapy Clinics
Psilocybin (magic mushrooms) is only approved in Canada for the treatment of existential dread in patients undergoing palliative care.
B) Psychedelic Retreat Centers
Entheogenic plants come with a long history of tradition. Retreat centers are the best place to get an authentic experience from these substances. They’re led by an experienced shaman or facilitator to help guide you through the experience.
1. Ayahuasca Retreat Centers
Ayahuasca is a powerful plant medicine that requires the utmost care and respect to use effectively.
As the practice of the ayahuasca ceremony becomes more popular, unethical practitioners and participants seeking the brew for the wrong reasons are becoming more common.
Here are some of the top recommendations submitted by our readers:
- Holos — Costa Rica
- Earth Awareness — Netherlands
- House of Louise — Netherlands
- Psilohuasca — Netherlands
- Soltara — Costa Rica
2. Psilocybin Retreat Centers
Psilocybin is legal in some parts of the world, such as Costa Rica, The Netherlands, Jamaica, Spain, and Portugal in the form of psilocybin-containing truffles.
There are a lot of excellent psilocybin-based retreat centers in these countries to check out if you’re interested in a guided, multi-day psychedelic retreat.
- Lola Pickett — Costa Rica
- We Tripsit — Costa Rica
- Truffles Therapy — Costa Rica
- Bromelia Lodge — Ecuador
- Atman Retreats — Jamaica
- Diaspora Psychedelic Society — Jamaica
- MycoMeditations — Jamaica
- Rise Wellness Retreat — Jamaica
- Silo Retreats — Jamaica
- The Buena Vida — Mexico
- Luz Eterna (For Women, By Women) — Mexico
- Sacred Heart Sonora — Mexico
- A Whole New High — Netherlands
- Essence Institute — Netherlands
- Het Wonder van Bestaan — Netherlands
- House of Louise — Netherlands
- Inward Bound — Netherlands
- Kiyumi — Netherlands
- New Moon Retreats — Netherlands
- Psilohuasca — Netherlands
- Psychedelic Exploration — Netherlands
- Psychedelic Insights — Netherlands
- Synthesis — Netherlands
- TripTherapie — Netherlands
- Truffle Healing — Netherlands
- Wildman Journey — Netherlands
- Coracao Medicina — Portugal
- Guided By Martin — Portugal
- Sitter of Self — Spain
- Sacred Heart Medicine — United States
3. Other Retreat Centers
- Sage and Saints — Costa Rica (Cacao & Guayusa)
- Shamanic Space — Portugal (San Pedro & Cacao)
- Haux Gatherings — United States (Cacao & Cannabis)
C) Psychedelic Education, Training, & Online Courses
The world of psychedelic facilitation and therapy is still in the early days — but we’re on the brink of a large-scale reshaping of the way psychedelic substances are viewed by the medical field, government regulators, and the general public.
We’re going to need a lot more psychotherapists trained in how to use psychedelics as part of therapy, as well as good psychedelic facilitators and coaches to meet the demand for this new field of medicine and personal development.
Here’s some of the best accredited and non-accredited training programs covering the field of psychedelic therapy and facilitation.
1. Psychedelic-Assisted Psychotherapy Programs
A psychedelic therapist is a psychotherapist or other registered health practitioner who uses psychedelic substances (usually ketamine, psilocybin, or MDMA) as part of their therapeutic process and prescription.
- Certificate In Psychedelic-assisted Therapies (CPAT) (Mind Medicine Australia) — Accredited
- Certificate in Psychedelic-assisted Therapies and Research (California Institute of Integral Studies (CIIS) — Accredited
- Comprehensive online and clinical training for psilocybin therapy (Compass Pathways) — Accredited
- Foundations in MDMA Safety, Therapeutic Applications & Research (psychedelic.support) — Both Accredited & Non-Accredited Offered
- Ketamine Assisted Therapy Training for Clinicians (psychedelic.support) — Accredited
- MDMA Therapy Training (MAPS) — Accredited
- Navigating Psychedelics for Clinicians and Therapists (Psychedelics Today) — Accredited
- Online integrative harm reduction psychotherapy training (Center For Optimal Living) — Accredited
- Postgraduate Certificate in Psychedelic Integration Therapy (Fluence) — Accredited
- Psychedelics 101 & 102 for Clinicians (Canada) (Mindspace Wellbeing) — Accredited
- Understanding Psilocybin: Effects, Neurobiology, and Therapeutic Approaches (psychedelic.support) — Both Accredited & Non-Accredited Offered
- Psychedelic Practitioner Training (Synthesis Institute)
2. Psychedelic Coaching & Facilitation Training
A psychedelic facilitator or coach isn’t necessarily formally trained in psychotherapy. They aren’t there to treat or diagnose any illness, rather, they’re role is to support someone through their own healing while they self-administer psychedelic substances.
They act as both a trip sitter during the experience and a coach or guide afterward to assist with the psychedelic integration process.
- Online Transformational Coach Training focused on addiction recovery and psychedelic integration (Being True To You) — Non-Accredited
- PsychedeLiA: Processing Difficult Journeys Integration Circle (PsychedeLiA) — Non-Accredited
- Psychedelic Integration Coach (Psychedelic Integration Coach) — Non-Accredited
- Trauma-Informed Plant Medicine Facilitation Online Training (Aya Healing Retreats) — Non-Accredited
D) Advocacy Groups & NGOs
The groups that have been leading the push for the legalization or decriminalization of psychedelics has come down to the efforts of NGOs and various advocacy groups.
Here’s a list of some of the biggest and most influential groups for psychedelics around the world:
- ALIUS Research Group — Global
- Asociación Transpersonal Iberoamericana — Spain
- Awaken — Romania
- Chacruna — United States
- Compass Pathways — United States
- Decriminalize Nature — United States
- Drug Policy Alliance — United States
- Emma Sofia — Norway
- Entheogenesis Australis — Australia
- Entheogenic Research Guild of Toronto — Canada
- Heffter Institute — United States
- ICEERS — Spain, Netherlands
- Kriya Institute — United States
- NoBox Philippines — Philippines
- Norml France — France
- Psilocybin Foundation — United States
- Psycare UK — The United Kingdom
- Psychedelic Research in Science and Medicine — Australia
- Students for Sensible Drug Policy — United States
- Students for Sensible Drug Policy (Australia) — Australia
- The Auryn Project — United States
- The Beckley Foundation — United States
- Transform Drugs — United States
E) Other Resources
- Best Psychedelic Books
- Psychedelic Podcasts
- Answering Every Question You’ve Ever Had About Psychedelics
- Trippy Websites to Check Out On Psychedelics
- Best Psychedelic Documentaries
Do you have a suggestion you think should be added to this list?