Join Justin Cooke, Rowan Zeoli, and J Gordon Curtis and special guest Dr. Neşe Devenot to discuss groundbreaking new Study: TESCREAL hallucinations: Psychedelic and AI hype as inequality engines.
We’ll break down the potential problems looming over our psychedelic future, what it says about our society as a whole, and whether there’s a better path forward.
- Check out Dr. Devenot’s recent talk at the Breaking Convention Conference: You Can Be Both Pro-Psychedelics and Anti-Hype
- Read her writing for Psymposia as the Medicine, Society, & Culture Research Fellow here
- Find Dr. Devenot on Twitter & Bluesky
- Check out more of Dr Devenot’s research on Research Gate
About Dr. Devenot
Dr. Devenot is a Senior Lecturer at Johns Hopkins with a PhD in Comparative Literature. She specializes in topics concerning medical humanities and bioethics and serves as the Medicine, Society, & Culture Research Fellow for Psymposia.
You can read Dr. Devenot’s research in publications like The Anthropology of Consciousness (“Dark Side of the Shroom”), Frontiers in Psychology (“Psychedelic Literary Studies and the Poetics of Disruption”), and JAMA Psychiatry (“Studying Harms Is Key to Improving Psychedelic-Assisted Therapy”).
Her research investigates the involvement of the corporate and pharmaceutical complex in psychedelia and calls for a critical evaluation of where we’re heading.
Further Reading | Topics Discussed
- The Psychedelics Evangelist: A German Financier Wants to Turn Magic Mushrooms into Modern Medicine (Scientific American)
- I Went to a High-End Psychedelic Retreat to Address My Anxiety (Vice)
Subscribe For More Episodes
Join us every second Thursday for new episodes.
If you have a topic you’d like to hear about, send us an email at email@example.com — we’d love to hear from you!