Chemically, where PCP has a phenyl ring, HXE is defined by the substitution of an ethyl functional group.
The effects of this drug have been reported by various users, but it’s not nearly as popular as other members of the dissociative class of psychedelics, so data regarding dose, side effects, and quality of effects are not well defined yet.
While there are dozens of these types of analogs, not all of them are known to be psychoactive. And even the psychoactive compounds suffer from a chronic lack of publicly available information, a standard issue when it comes to designer drugs.
The relative novelty of these products, combined with their huge numbers, means that scientific studies are hard to come by, and even user-generated information can be scarce.
HXE (Hydroxetamine) Specs:
|Level of Risk||Moderate to High|
|Most Common Side Effects||Psychosis, Seizures, Anxiety, Paranoia, Agitation, Confusion. Increased heart rate and blood pressure, Palpitations, Chest pain, and Difficulty breathing.|
|Duration of Effects||Four to eight hours|
|Estimated Threshold Dose||Unknown|
Tripsitter Safe HXE (Hydroxetamine) Guidelines
- 🐍 I understand why arylcyclohexylamines should be treated with respect
- ⚖️ I’m familiar with the laws for arylcyclohexylamine class in my country & state
- 🍄 I’m familiar with and confident in the dose I’m taking
- 🧪 I’ve tested a sample of the substance I’m using with a drug-testing kit
- 💊 I’m not mixing any medications or other substances with HXE
- 🏔 I’m in a safe & comfortable environment with people I trust
- 🐺 One of the members of my group is responsible and sober (AKA a trip sitter)
- ⏳ I have nothing important scheduled for after the trip
- 🧠 I’m in a sound & healthy state of mind
- ❤️ I don’t have any underlying health issues — don’t take HXE if you have underlying heart, neurological, or psychiatric disorders
- 👭 Use the buddy system — HXE can remove your inhibition and allow you to make unsafe decisions, always stay with people you trust, and never go out alone
- 🌵 I understand the risk of dehydration — it’s easy to become dehydrated while on HXE, so make sure you’re drinking a cup of water every hour while using HXE
- 🦻 Protect your hearing — music can be intoxicating while on HXE, so protect your hearing and bring ear protection before you go out to a club or concert
What Are The Effects of HXE (Hydroxetamine)?
The effects profile of HXE is not firmly established. The drug has only been available since 2020, and due to synthesis difficulties, it seems rather tricky to get a hold of. However, enough people seem to have come in contact with it in order to produce reasonably trustworthy information on its profile.
Users have highlighted the following effects in HXE’s profile:
- Physical effects — Stimulation, Sedation, Spontaneous physical sensations, Gait alteration, Bodily lightness, Motor control loss, Spatial disorientation, Tactile suppression, Pain relief, Optical sliding
- Visual effects — Suppression, Double vision, Pattern recognition suppression, Frame rate suppression, Perspective distortions, Visual geometry, Internal and external hallucinations
- Cognitive effects — Amnesia, Anxiety suppression, Cognitive euphoria, Compulsive redosing, Conceptual thinking, Creativity enhancement, Decreased libido, Déjà vu, Depersonalization, Derealization, Disinhibition, Dream potentiation, Ego death, Immersion enhancement, Increased music appreciation, Analysis suppression, Introspection, Mania, Memory suppression, Personal meaning enhancement, Thought deceleration, Time distortion
In general, there seems to be a lot of praise for the effects of HXE. For example, one user described his experiences in the following way:
“It’s quite psychedelic for a dissociative. It’s very euphoric, and also deep, and connects me to flow states better than anything else. For me it has the best combination and ratio of effects present in any dissociative or indeed, almost any drug of any class.”
For users who are inexperienced with arylcyclohexylamines, it should be stated that the dissociation produced by these compounds is quite potent. It can cause a significant loss of cognitive and motor control and, in higher doses, may even lead to states of mania. When dealing with these compounds, one should always proceed with caution.
- Pradhan, S. N. (1984). Phencyclidine (PCP): some human studies. Neuroscience & Biobehavioral Reviews, 8(4), 493-501.